Saturday, January 29, 2005

Of The 101 Aspects Of Junior College Life, or Just When You Thought There Were No More Choices To Make | Part 01

1 month into JC, I realized that there were still many choices to make, after actually racking my brain to choose a JC and subject combination(which I changed at the last minute, from Double Maths, Physics, Literature to the suicidal combination of Triple Science).

"What other choices are there to make?" I hear you ask. Well, we can only blame the coordinates of our little green/blue planet for the 24 hours available per day, leaving us with never enough time to do EVERYTHING.

After attempting the impossible(doing everything) for the past month, I find myself disoriented(more than usual, if its possible), confused(I epitomize confusion, and confusion has reached new heights recently) and constantly with a glazed look(or rather, I began to notice the glazed look that has always been on my face).

I have come to realize, after this past busy busy busy month, that no one can do everything(out of the context of religion, which I really do not want to discuss right now, as it'd only add to the abundant confusion that's been running rampant around me). Seeing as it is impossible(Is it, really? The boundaries of possibility are stretched when you're dealing with an omnipotent being such as I...) to list every single activity you can spend your insignificant 24 hours on, I can only but attempt this in a few seatings. Hence, the "Part 1" specified in this post's title.

Enough of my inconsequential ramblings! Introducing, 2 of the more prominent(and hence time consuming) aspects or JC life...


Aspect Number 1 | Skirt Chasing

Finally, something which is out of the boundaries of this Great Being(me). This is one aspect I'm probably going to drop since my attempts at it has been largely(and disgustingly) unsuccessful. It is distressing(and frustratingly exasperating) to see these "hot", uninteresting people with shallow(negligible) character without even a shred of intelligence get all the attention without even trying. I will probably remain unattached throughout college(sorry to break all the hearts of my numerous admirers, who've, strangely, been invisible lately), although that decision does leave me feeling paranoid towards Valentine's Day. I'm not one to hope for miracles, but it'd probably take one of those(or more) to change the current situation. Some general advice- Look, but don't touch. If you break anything, be prepared to pay for it. Besides, chasing skirts isn't really such a good investment(of both time and money) as compared to, say, the next aspect...


Aspect Number 2 | The Mug

Disclaimer: The author is an active advocate(feel my alliteration powers!) of mugging in its various forms. The views here are not representative of the general public's(or rather, what the general public wants you to think) opinion.

This aspect is an essential part of college life(especially NJ, with its "reputation). It doesn't matter if you do it in pairs, alone, groups, secretly, discreetly or publicly- you are doing it. The returns, as I have said above, are phenomenal- everyone knows world domination requires a respectable education. Besides, mugging is cheap and, other than the massive amount of time spent, is pretty much painless compared to the above aspect(emotionally and physically). The only group of people I can think of who don't mug are the above-mentioned "hot"(and, consequently, unintelligent) individuals who spend their time preening in front of a silver-coated piece of glass. Isn't it obvious by now that I am declaring war on all the attractive, unintelligent beings out there?

And hence begins the genocide...

Maybe I'll feel better if every female sent me a message saying- "I am a shallow girl not worthy of your attention, with a penchant for pretty faces without character or intellect."

Check back for other features of JC life- College isn't all about chasing skirts and mugging, ya know?

3 Comments:

Blogger ashish said...

awwww..cheng wei, your numerous admirers must be devastated after reading your post!hahaha.you could perhaps spare a thought for them!

"chasing skirts isn't really such a good investment(of both time and money) "
i for one would advocate the above mentioned theory.
and i dont think mugging is only synonomous with NJC.weejay has its fair share of em too.you will be surprised to see the number of people slacking during lectures.why are they slacking ? is it cos they can't be bothered? YUP..they can't be bothered cos they are like 4 chapters ahead of the lecturer!now that is the quintessence of a true mugger!

hahahaha..cheng wei, that was one really hilarious post! very interesting and thought-provoking!
Dude,keep em flowing and you keep mugging !

7:08 PM  
Blogger dw said...

wasnt there some unwritten code about not revealing the secret ways of the mugger? wah heck lah. now that ur in sep JC and im not immediately associated wif u, go and spoil ur social image lol! nice blog, v descriptive. more on ur life and stuff leh, its becoming more lik a club log for ur proleteriat's mug sessions (also PMS o.O)

3:49 PM  
Blogger chengwei said...

wow dunno how that comment managed to sneak past the sensors without me noticing...

yeah i realized that this blog is mostly about everything else other than me. well, thats about to change- from now on, i'll only write about me me me me me me me me and of course, the essential, me.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





I don't have issues. I've a damn subscription.

Powered by Blogger

Dwayne
Matthew
Michael
Gavin
Samuel
Joshua
Ashish
Deborah
Sis
Michelle
ShiHui
Celeste
Grace
Ying Xiang
Interesting Anagram Site
Good News, Literally
NJC Lit Wing
How The World Was Created
Ironic Times
Chee Jun
Eudora
Cheryl
Shi Duan
Sam Tha Man!
Anti-Avian Alyssa
HaoGuang
Fred
Jason
devathas satianathan
daryl goh ah hock
oxymoronic blog address