Saturday, February 12, 2005

Of CNY Day 1 or, Greetings From The Pits Of Insanity

Welcome, all, to another boring(owing to my interesting life and DW's Hypothesis On Life and Blog) update on my blog! Yeah so CNY just came and went... So un-thrilled and un-surprised(of course, you've gotta have goldfish memory to be able to enjoy something 16 times over). Sigh, I guess that means I'm getting older.

Since some people(DW) wanted to hear more about my life(or lack of) and less about my rantings...

Day 1, CNY-
Went visiting in the morning. Reached grandma's house too early(ie. No other visitors to collect angpaos from). Eventually left for home with 3 less angpaos than estimated and 3 extra CNY greetings to spare.
Hint for all potential angpao givers- Be late, and you'll get to save on angpaos.

Reached home to see that all my bitchy relatives have arrived. In case some of them are watching, I'm joking- not all of them are bitchy. The usual routine continues with me giving my priceless new-year greetings in exchange for puny change. Then me retreating into my room(Surprise surprise! Its been taken over as the cousin's headquarters! Well, at least I don't have to clean up the mess.). Someone brought Kill Bill 2 and we watched it until the PS2 started sputtering and complaing. Finally, it couldn't take the violence anymore and spit out the DVD at the vital moment.
So CNY Day 1 continues with me wasting away in my room(with several other cousins) and losing horribly in blackjack(Not that I suck at it. I'm just cursed.). Other than the income, the event that I enjoyed most this holiday season was MAHJONG! It was my first time playing and everyone thought I'd be easy meat. In the end, I surprised everyone by not losing all my money.

More about Bitchy Relatives- Someone actually ASKED and COMPLAINED(To the great, venerable grandma. Its not her fault her child turned out this way.) about their angpao problems. Apparently, my sis "forgot" to give her(The Bitch) kids their angpaos, and her(The Bitch) kids their greetings. Obviously, the son of the bitch won. What irked me was the fact that for 4 years(could be more, can't remember exactly when this conflict started), I(with another rebellious cousin of mine) did not receive ANYTHING from her, and not once did we whine about it. Then again, its probably because we know her angpaos will only contain 2 bucks at most(not at all worthy of our well-wishes). What's worse is that she(henceforth known as "The Bitch") pops by for dinner almost everyday(throughout the year, not only during festive seasons), together with her 2 misbegotten spawn. Really, I'm ashamed to be related to someone of her calibre. I'm not alone in my opinions here- I'm sure my sis would agree vehemently if she pops by, unless she's too chicken(Get it? Chicken? Rooster? I'm a genius!) to comment.
Here's wishing The Bitch an early infirmity. And don't eat the rooster!

1 Comments:

Blogger dw said...

you confirm had a very fowl CNY siah... btw, if only the year of the rooster had been last year, what wif all the Avian flu cullings during feb... how auspicious.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





I don't have issues. I've a damn subscription.

Powered by Blogger

Dwayne
Matthew
Michael
Gavin
Samuel
Joshua
Ashish
Deborah
Sis
Michelle
ShiHui
Celeste
Grace
Ying Xiang
Interesting Anagram Site
Good News, Literally
NJC Lit Wing
How The World Was Created
Ironic Times
Chee Jun
Eudora
Cheryl
Shi Duan
Sam Tha Man!
Anti-Avian Alyssa
HaoGuang
Fred
Jason
devathas satianathan
daryl goh ah hock
oxymoronic blog address